Thursday, March 26, 2009

Chasing a Blonde Moon

Because I am a (lovable) nerd, I thought I would share my favorite video game and boss fight with you. I remember the first time I played this game. I was 7 years old and at my bio-dads house for my routine weekend visit. My dad was always a gadget fan and always had the up-and-coming Nintendo systems and games. So I was surprised with this particular game one weekend because he had read an article about it in an issue of Nintendo Power. For those of you who aren't nerds, Nintendo Power is a video game magazine with cheats and reviews. Anyway, this is quite possibly one of the best games of all time. I am not just saying that. It was really way ahead of the curve as far as graphics go, soundtrack and game-play. The boss fights are phenomenal and the maps are challenging, but not impossible. Here is one of my favorite boss fights in the game. It is the final boss and let me tell you, it is an epic battle. Here, see for yourself.



I always loved the music for this fight. And the Rainbow gun, that shit is bananas. (B-A-N-A-N-A-S.) I remember the first time I ever did this fight, I thought the giant Metroid was going to kill me, but it helps you. I always got a little teary-eyed when the bitch kills it. Anyway, there is a save point right before this boss, where I would always save my game so I could forever beat Mother Brain if I was suffering from boredom. I just recently bought another SNES a few years back and my buddy Shane bought Super Metroid for me as a gift. I almost peed myself with excitement. (not unlike this evening when I had to pee so badly, I was actually doing the little kid pee-dance in the bookstore. Working alone on a busy night has it's shortcomings.)

Also my moon maiden and future ex-wife came in to visit me today. She brought me the most romantic gifts, which made me go a little soft around the edges. (Yes, I am cheesy). I am currently trying to piece together my Kinder-Surprise toy, which I have been trying to do for the last hour with no real progress. It's like a monkey doing a math problem. (Or me trying to read a map, which is equally hilarious.) I will definitely be adding this to my list of rapturous moments. I am really sad that she is leaving just as I was beginning to get the courage to talk to her. We are having a coffee date next week and I am rather excited for it.

Also, I kind of hit on my future ex-husband's dad today. Talk about your awkward moments! And Hartland was "too busy" to be at work tonight so he big-time missed out on these particularly astonishing "Trilsh moments." Tough-titty for him I say!

Popcorn time. Mmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment