Monday, March 9, 2009

Headbands Are Not a Good Idea.

I had an early start this morning, I got up at 6AM and had a cup of java that my mother so graciously prepared for me. I am now running on about 10 hours of sleep in the past three days. I worked 45+ hours this week at the bookstore plus have a 10 page paper due at 6:30 tonight. Yikes!

So I am sitting at the HIL right now pretending to do school work. I really can't wait until I can crash into my bed tonight. I have class until 9:30, then I come home, do some reflections for another class that were due last week. Then up again tomorrow morning to read 2 chapters in my Women's studies book which I have to present on Wednesday. Then I have a seminar presentation due a week from today on the Feminist Theory on Violence, which will actually be quite interesting. Then I have a mid-term test, some more reflections, 2 term papers and 2 creative journals to do. Then I only have one exam, then I am done until May! SHIT SHIT SHIT. I have so much work to do. I am surprisingly chill though, I think it is because my brain is not functioning on reason. It is currently on auto-pilot and my fuel seems to be the over-consumption of caffeine.
Delicious.
So anyway. It's my Pupa's birthday today. He is one of the most influential and amazing people in my life (other than my Mother, of course) My parents are super important to me in every aspect of life. They also have a very good judgment of character. If my parents don't like you, then you are fucked basically. Don't worry though, my parents are actually pretty chill and there aren't many people they don't like.

So back to my dad. From day one, Brian treated me like a daughter. He really changed my perspective on what it means to be a family and has loved me and my sister as if we were his kids from birth. I don't even see him as a step-father really, he is more than that because in the seven years he has been married to my mother, he has shown all of us, my mom, sister and me, more love and acceptance than I could ever have imagined possible.

Now, Brain and I certainly have our fair share of disagreements, but mostly because we are EXACTLY THE SAME. (Sometimes I wonder if he was the milkman.) Anyway he has a huge family, who were all just as welcoming. I feel like they have been my family since birth.

Thanks for being there. Love you old feller and Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment