Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Women, Wednesdays, and Fashion.

I sat across from a blind man on the bus today and was absentmindedly observing him. He was speaking to a man who was seated next to him with his child. As they were conversing, I noticed the blind man roll his eyes about something the other man had said. I began to wonder about this. How did a man who is blind, know to roll his eyes at the appropriate moment? Something like that, I would think, is a learned social behaviour that is observed in the early years. I found this rather interesting...

I am in the Library right now on campus and it is stifling in here. In hindsight, I probably didn't need my huge winter puff jacket with the fur around the hood today. (Hmmm, does "fur around the hood" sound as dirty to you as it does to me?) I should be researching right now, but since I can't move into my apartment this weekend and still have the time off work, I will probably leave everything until the last minute. It is how I roll. I've been researching fashion for the last two hours instead. I wish I could somehow incorporate this into my academics. Here is a particularly inspiring outfit:

Soon I will have the legs to wear dresses like this... once I start running again anyway. Hopefully it will give these little matchsticks some shape.

I got some fantastical news yesterday. I went to the old apartment to pick up some more things and pack up some of my precious belongings (like my nerd action figures)and Andrew mentioned that he would not be able to bring the chat with him to his new place in May. My heart began to pound with excitement and before he could finish "do you think you could..." I yelled a little too enthusiastically, "I would love to!" So I get my little scoundrel back at the end of April. Meow!

And now for a little Jon Dore love. This was the first scene of the first episode. He certainly raised the bar, but I have never been disappointed with an episode yet.
Pay particular attention to the diagram of the penis.



Ahahahaha. Christ apples. That's rich.

*As a side note, It's Gloria Steinem's Birthday today! This wonderful leader for women's rights turns 75! I advise you to Google her if you don't know who she is because she has a huge list of accomplishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment