Friday, May 1, 2009

Missed the boat

So it appears that I have missed Pick-up Line Tuesday this week. I have been super busy lately. Last weekend and this week consisted mostly of cleaning the old apartment with the ex-wife (and catching him taking a bath in my sparkling tub that I took an hour of my time to buff all the water stains out. Did I mention this was on the same day that our landlord was supposed to come and do the walk-through? Ugh.) That bathroom was freaking spotless though. I washed down all of the walls, scrubbed the floor until I could see my face in it, made the tub and sink sparkle, and of course disinfected every surface with Lysol (because I am insane).

I got amazing news on Wednesday evening. My mom and I went back to her place after feeding my Grampie so she could change before she took me home. I told her I would stay in the car. She checked her mail and threw a fat envelope at me through the window before heading inside the house. It had the UNB logo on it, which was great because I was expecting a cheque from the Women's Studies department for the poster I designed for them. (Art school paid off for once.) Anyhew, long story short, it was not a cheque but a letter from the Education department. I got as far as "Congratulations! Welcome to UNB!" before I started bawling my eyes out in the car. I ran inside to tell my Mom, and she opened the door when I got to the top step. She saw my tears and was like "WTF?" and I just yelled, "I got in!!!". She jumped back about ten feet and then we both started jumping up and down and screaming like idiots in the kitchen. I'm sure the neighbors were thrilled (or they thought we were murdering kittens). So my dream of becoming the weirdo Art Teacher is coming true. The program starts in August. I am so nervous/ excited.

As a side note. I wish I could be in St. Andrews right now for Paddlefest. Boo.

To celebrate (You're going to love my nuts):


Lates.

No comments:

Post a Comment